15 October 2023
The device lifecycle refers to the stages a device goes through from procurement to end-of-life (EOL). The device lifecycle can be broken down into several stages, including procurement, deployment, management, maintenance, and retirement/disposal.
- Procurement: This is the stage where an organisation acquires new devices, either through purchase or lease.
- Deployment: This is the stage where the organisation sets up and configures the new devices, prepares them for use, and distributes them to the end-users.
- Management: This is the stage where the organisation manages the devices throughout their lifecycle, ensuring that they are secure, updated, and in good working condition. This can include monitoring device performance, managing software updates, and handling any repair and replacement issues.
- Maintenance: This is the stage where the organisation performs regular maintenance and updates on the devices to ensure that they continue to function properly and are secure.
- Retirement/Disposal: This is the stage where the organisation decides to retire the device and either dispose of it or repurpose it for another use. This stage may involve data wiping, transfer of data, or other end-of-life processes.
The device lifecycle is an important concept for organisations to understand as it helps them manage their devices effectively, reduce costs, and improve security. By following a well-defined device lifecycle, organisations can ensure that their devices are properly managed, secure, and in good working condition throughout their lifecycle.
VoicePlus’ Atrium Integrated Managed Mobility & EndPoint Services combines Expense Management, Device Lifecycle, Procurement, and Device security service into a single solution that leverages digital integration, support and processes that:
- Enhance device security
- Optimise costs
- Improve Operational Efficiency
- Improve Visibility
- Enable Scalability
- How to Managed Device Deployment ?
- How to Data Wipe a Device ?
- What is a Device Refresh Program ?
- What is Device Retrieval Program ?