VoicePlus provides Mobilise+ solution for the Office of Environment & Heritage iPad fleet.
The Office of Environment and Heritage (OEH) is a new Government agency formed in April 2011. It's mission is to protect and conserve the NSW environment, including the natural environment, Aboriginal country, culture and heritage, and manage NSW national parks and reserves.
OEH employees - mainly park rangers and field officers who work in remote locations - have been issued with iPads to manage their day-to-day tasks including email, applications and reporting.
VoicePlus has provided OEH with Mobilise+ - a solution for secure remote management of the iPad fleet.
Mobilise+ is a comprehensive Enterprise Mobility Management solution. For OEH it includes:
- Device Staging
- Email Management
- Application Management
- Security Policies
- Telstra MDM AirWatch management and ongoing monitoring
OEH had previously been setting up their own iPads with end users on training days. This approach was using a vast amount of internal IT resource and also using up previous time when remote workers were gathered in a central location. It meant that virtually no time was left for training in the use of the custom Applications on the device. This resulted in major delays in learning and understanding, and affected workplace efficiency.
VoicePlus provided OEH employees with an out-of-the-box experience by developing a staging program which includes:
- Inserting SIM cards and activating services
- Updating devices with the latest iOS
- Pre-loading x5 Applications
- By-passing the iPad setup guide
- Pre-loading AirWatch MDM App
- enrolling each device under correct user and organisation group
- ensuring each device is AirWatch enrolled and operational
- Tagging devices with OEH unique identifiers
- Packaging iPad in a Lifeproof case
TMDM (AirWatch) Management and Support Package
VoicePlus provides an MDM Support package to OEH which includes
- Support Hotline - phone and email
- Reassignment of devices between users
- Deletions and additions of users
- Locating lost devices
- Security measures when device is lost or stolen
- Reporting and analytics
To discuss how Mobilise+ could assist your business email Mat Donnelly