Microsoft Managed Desktop does the hard work for you.
As we enter a new decade, we look back at all the changes that have happened in our lives, and no doubt your business is doing the same. But, if you’re looking back and your computing system wasn’t one of these changes, then now is the time. And Microsoft Managed Desktop is the best way to do it.
Software as a service is not a new concept, and not a new one for Microsoft, with their Microsoft 365 platform launching nearly ten years ago. The next step in the service progression is Microsoft Managed Desktop (MMD), which allows you to realise the full capabilities of their software and cloud-based services combined with Microsoft hardware.
It’s common knowledge that running an antiquated computer systems does more damage than good for your business. It can and does negatively affect your business in many ways. Including, but not limited to; security, productivity, and morale.
It’s time for a new normal.
Microsoft has been touting this line for a while now, but now you can finally experience it. But how does Microsoft Managed Desktop bring about this new normal you may ask? According to Microsoft, it is;
“Our goal with MMD is to provide a great experience for users while keeping devices secure and up to date. MMD relies on the power of Microsoft 365, running in a consistent, lightweight, reference architecture that continues to evolve to allow our customers to take full advantage of our intelligent security capabilities to protect them from nascent threats.
Importantly, MMD is built on modern devices that meet our specification and runtime quality bar”
What do I get as a user?
- Preconfigured Windows 10 hardware from a selection of Microsoft Surface, Dell and HP devices.
- A super-smooth transition from existing infrastructure, with 99% of Windows 7 and Office 2010 apps being compatible, as well as a service team to help integrate apps that aren’t yet compatible.
- A reduction of up to 40% in security risks through access to and support from Windows Hello, BitLocker, SecureBoot, and virtualisation-based security according to Microsoft best practices.
- A chance to claim back up to three weeks’ of end-user productivity each year. Which, when calculated across your entire business, this adds up very fast.
- Connection to a modern cloud-based infrastructure, so you and your end-users can have peace of mind knowing that Windows, Office, drivers, firmware, and Microsoft Store for Business applications are always up to date.
- Quality assurance through deployment groups that ensure operating system updates and policies roll out safely.
- The ability to free up your IT department’s time with ongoing 24/7 IT and operational support from Microsoft and partners.
- Ongoing analytical data about each device and the applications used.
As you can see in the above picture, the comparison between the average boot time, battery life and number of crashes per year speak for themselves. MMD is a service that will most certainly make employees happier, and you know what they say about happy employees.
Thankfully it’s not too late for a new year’s resolution. So, if you would like more information about MMD, speak to us and we’ll happily answer your questions regarding the next steps for you and your business.